Website Usability Testing
Usability testing puts your website in front of real users.
Usability testing is the most efficient and revealing method to pinpoint problems and gather insights about how to fix those problems. In a usability test, users perform tasks and interact with your website in a controlled setting. You are able to observe users interact with your website real-time along side our user experience experts and collaboratively discuss problems and opportunities. You will uncover "why" answers to questions regarding site functionality, navigation, task flow, barriers to conversion, and shopping cart and form abandonment.
The User Centric Advantage:
- Consultants experienced in test development, moderation, data analysis, and usability issues
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing test objectives
- State of the art facilities, including the largest dedicated usability testing studio and most portable labs of any North American consulting firm
- Latest digital viewing and recording technology
- An extensive body of knowledge and experience from combined years of testing thousands of participants interacting with diverse products and services in multiple countries
- Global partnerships formed as a founding member of the UXalliance that ensures effective cross-cultural website usability testing, efficient results and unparalleled service for multi-national engagements.
User Centric provides expert services along each phase of the usability testing process.
- Recruit participants according to your target demographics
- Create a moderator guide that focuses on vital and most frequent tasks
- Test your website with users in a one-on-one setting
- Test competitors' websites to compare and analyze usability and customer satisfaction
- Gather rich performance and feedback data
- Analyze results
- Evaluate how well the product meets objectives
- Recommend actionable solutions
Testing can occur:
- In a lab, at a client location, or via remote testing
- With different media and modes (PC, PDA, phone, voice, touch, etc.)
- With different user groups (consumer, business, mobile, families, teens, etc.)
- At different stages in the website development cycle
- With combinations of qualitative and quantitative data collection
Deliverables may include:
- Full reports of results, data analyses, and findings
- Actionable, prioritized recommendations
- Topline summary reports outlining main findings and recommendations
- Mock-ups or wireframes of potential design recommendations
- Digital recordings of full participant sessions
- Video clips of participant session quotes
One day of website usability testing can often resolve weeks of discussions in a conference room; testing removes the guesswork.
Note -- Eye Tracking studies are often conducted in conjunction with Website Usability Testing. The learning gained about cognitive processes enhances the value of usability testing research.
Contact us for answers, or to schedule a conversation to discuss your usability issues.